Monday, November 19, 2007

On Turning Pro

I applaud Shannon Shorr's candidness in his recent blog entry in which he talks about being a pro. Many pros admit to burnout and the need to enrich their lives with something other than playing cards.

Here is a snippet from Shannon's blog - please refer to the above link for it's proper context.


I thought I had what it takes to play poker professionally, but I'm starting to doubt myself. One thing is for sure. This game isn't for the weak. All of you kids who are thinking about dropping out of school and doing this...think again. Most of you will be done before you ever even get started. I'm not enjoying playing full-time one bit.



Here are some excellent thoughts to consider before turning professional: http://plan3tgongpoker.blogspot.com/2007/11/thoughts-on-becoming-poker-pro.html

and some very good thoughts about leaving poker as a profession:
http://www.thepokerchronicles.com/archives/000947.html
.



Here I share my own personal thoughts on turning pro.

No comments: